“FantastiQ1 – in sales, results and PlaqueOff growth!”
— HÅKAN LAGERBERG, CEO – SWEDENCARE AB (PUBL)
SALES AND EARNINGS (Q1/2019):
KSEK ( 41%)
KSEK ( 78%)
Share this information:
- Summary of the period
- Financial Reports
- Corporate Governance
- In the Press
“FantastiQ1 – in sales, results and PlaqueOff growth!”
FIRST QUARTER: January 1st – March 31st 2019
• Net revenue amounted to 30 551 KSEK (21 685 KSEK), a increase of 41%.
• Organic, currency-adjusted growth amounted to 33% .
• Operating profit after depreciation (EBIT) amounted to 10 679 KSEK (6 012 KSEK),
corresponding to an increase of 78% corresponding to an EBIT-margin of 34,9% (27,6%).
• Profit after tax amounted to 8 508 KSEK (4 801 KSEK).
• Profit per share, based on 15 770 622 shares 0,54 SEK (0.30 SEK).
• At March 31st 2019 cash amounted to 35 252 KSEK (22 624 KSEK).
Significant events during the first quarter:
• Swedencare’s ProDen PlaqueOff® Powder has been approved by VOHC.
• Swedencare establishes its own sales and marketing company in Spain – Swedencare Spain SLU.
• Swedencare receives another Swedish institution as new owner, Investment AB Spiltan.
Significant events after the first quarter:
• There are no significant events after the end of the first quarter to report.
Words from the CEO:
In the annual report, I mentioned that the year started well and this still applies!
We have a fantastic quarter behind us, our strongest ever in terms of both sales and profit. We have now four quarters in a row with different records, this shows the momentum I talked about on several occasions.
We have definitely geared up and still see many new business opportunities which predicts that we are only at the start of what we want to create. Our vision is to establish ourselves as the leading company within dental and oral health for the pet market while offering our customers a broad complementary portfolio of well-functioning animal health products.
Net sales during Q1 2019 was 30.5 MSEK, an increase of 41% compared to Q1 2018. The profit was even better and we showed an EBIT of 10.7 MSEK, an increase of 78%. The EBIT margin was noted at 34.9%, well above our 30% profit target. This is the first time that we have sales of more than 30 MSEK and also the first time we have a profit of more than 10 MSEK.
We have had strong development in most markets. North America continues to deliver despite some challenges. During the quarter, we changed partners regarding deliveries in Canada, as our former partner did not keep promised delivery times. Not until now in April have we been able to restock our warehouse after having sold out our Dental Bones early in the quarter in Canada. North America has also been negatively affected by production delays for Dental Bites at our new manufacturing partner. Despite this, we have a currency-adjusted sales increase in Swedencare USA of 55% compared with the corresponding quarter last year, and with a very high margin, already in Q1, 61% of last year’s full-year result was achieved. Demand remains high and we expect North America to remain strong throughout the year.
The UK also had a strong quarter where all product areas are growing. Dental Bones has the strongest growth and this is because we only had one flavor in Q1 2018 compared to four this year. Online sales through partners remain strong, but we also see that our increased onsite visits / trainings at clinics and stores provide results.
The Nordic region has come back strongly after a slow 2018 and here we work the market with both onsite visits and online ventures. In the rest of Europe, France has delivered well along with Portugal and Greece, among others. In Spain we started our own sales organization during Q1 and we expect to have our first sales figures to be presented in Q2 with increasing volumes during the second half of the year. We already have agreements with a number of regional distributors and larger pet retail chains. It will be exciting to follow how we, together with our new colleague Raquel Tosca, will change our position in the Spanish market, which is one of the most important in Europe.
As far as the Rest of the World is concerned, Asia and especially China and Japan, were strong in the quarter. In China, major investments are still being made in education and customer visits. Our partner sold twice as much in Q1 this year compared to last year’s corresponding period. We will participate in a longer educational tour in April and the interest in our products increase quarter by quarter.
Our colleagues in Ireland have now moved in completely and the factory meets our high demands and expectations. The team has done a fantastic job with the move, and it is only now in April they can completely focus on “normal” production work. The sale of the NutriScience line will increase during the year and we look forward to launches in some new countries. We also have had several visits during Q1 by external customers, all of whom are very impressed by the facility and this has led to discussions about new projects.
2019 will be intense and the entire organization looks forward to delivering our high demand products and continue to build strong brands worldwide. I will go to Australia in May, and it will be inspiring to meet both veterinarians and pet owners in a market which we expect to continue to show good growth in the coming years.
Håkan Lagerberg, CEO
Malmö, 25th April 2019
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Håkan Lagerberg, CEO
Tel: +46 (0)735-170 170, E-mail: email@example.com
Jenny Graflind, CFO
Tel: +46 (0)739-448 554, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swedencare develop, produce, market and sell premium products on the global and fastgrowing market within animal healthcare for cats, dogs and horses. The product groups ProDen PlaqueOff and NutriScience are represented on approximately fifty markets in all parts of the world, including the headquarter in Malmö, six subsidiaries in the Nordics, United States, France, Spain, Great Britain and Ireland and through an external distribution network. Swedencare’s sales have increased significantly over the last few years with strong margins and results. The board of directors and the management have a wide and extensive experience of international marketing and sales.
Denna information är sådan information som Swedencare AB (publ) är skyldigt att offentliggöra enligt EU:s marknadsmissbruksförordning och lagen om värdepappersmarknaden. Informationen lämnades, genom ovanstående kontaktpersoners försorg, för offentliggörande den 25 april 2019 kl. 08.30 CET.
Calendar Period: 2019/2020
|26 July, 2019||Interim Report Q2 2019 (1 April – 30 June 2019)|
|24 October, 2019||Interim Report Q3 2019 (1 July – 30 September 2019)|
|13 February, 2020||Yearend Report Q4 2019 (1 October – 31 December 2019)|
|23 April, 2020||Interim Report Q1 2020 (1 January – 31 March 2020)|
Links to quarterly reports, annual reports
and prospectus for Swedencare AB (publ).
- Financial Reports
Interim reports and Quarterly presentations
Interview with CEO Håkan Lagerberg – Q1 2018
Sitdown interview with CEO Håkan Lagerberg – Q2 2018
Company presentation with CEO Håkan Lagerberg – Q2 2018
Sitdown interview with CEO Håkan Lagerberg – Q4 2018
Company presentation with CEO Håkan Lagerberg – Q4 2018
Investor Presentation SvD Börsplus 11 sept 2017 – Q3 2017
Annual and Group Accounts
Below are listed the largest shareholders in
Swedencare AB (publ) as of 31/03 2019.
|Håkan Svanberg & Co Health Care AB||5,020,982||31.84%|
|Mastan AB (Håkan Lagerberg via company)||1,990,362||12.62%|
|JCC Group Invest Sweden AB (Johan Bergdahl via company)||1,977,351||12.54%|
|AMF Aktiefond Småbolag||755,000||4,79%|
|Swedia Capital AB||735,401||4.66%|
|Aktia Nordic Micro Cap||416,614||2.64%|
|Nordnet Pensionsförsäkring AB||310,512||1.97%|
|Martin Shimko – CEO Swedencare USA||300,000||1.90%|
|Investment AB Spiltan – NEW||300,000||1.90%|
|GrenSpecialisten – NEW||266,742||1.69%|
|ML, Pierce Fenner & Smith Inc.||222,173||1,41%|
|Hans Persson – CEO Swedencare France||199,751||1,27%|
|Grandeur, Fund BBHBOS||194,678||1.23%|
|Tedcap AB (Thomas Eklund via company)||190,000||1,20%|
|BNP Paribas, Luxemburg – NEW||140,000||0.89%|
|Per Malmström Consulting AB||123,000||0,78%|
|Aktia Secura – NEW||100,000||0.63%|
For the current price and other share-related information,
please refer to NASDAQOMX First North.
First North is an alternative marketplace operated by OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm. Companies whose shares are traded on First North are not obliged to comply with the same rules as listed companies, but a less extensive regulatory framework applied to preferably smaller companies and growth companies. A placement in a company whose shares are traded on First North may therefore be more risky than a placement in a listed company. All companies whose shares are traded on First North have a Certified Adviser that oversees the company’s compliance with First North’s regulatory framework for providing information to the market and investors. Certified Adviser reviews companies whose shares are to be traded on First North. OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm accepts the application for admission to such trade.
|Certified Adviser:||FNCA Sweden AB – phone: +46(8) 528 00 399 – Email: email@example.com – Address: Box 5807, 102 48 Stockholm, Sweden|
Links to public presentations
of Swedencare AB (publ).
Styrelsens förslag – bemyndigande för styrelsen – emission av aktier
Fullmaktsformulär årsstämma Swedencare AB (publ)
Kallelse årsstämma Swedencare AB (publ) 2019
Legal Organization /
Board and Management.
The parent company Swedencare AB (publ) is responsible for the strategy, business planning and management. This is done by the control of trademarks and patents, sales rights, cooperation agreements and as parent company of the subsidiaries. The Company and headquarter is located at Medeon Science Park in Malmö, Sweden.
Swedencare owns 100% of the shares to all subsidiaries/sales companies which are responsible for the sales and marketing for its individual regions. The subsidiaries provide a monthly financial report as well as a sales progress to Swedencare. The group also have a common ERP-system where orders and invoices are registered. The system enable an effective production planning at the same time as the subsidiaries can track the order progress. Through the local market knowledge of the subsidiaries the marketing can be customized and the local customer preferences and new products can easily and effectively be identified. The subsidiaries are located and managed in France, Great Britain, Ireland, Sweden and the US.
Board of Directors (BoD) and Management
The Board of Directors are responsible for the Company’s strategic and financial targets and, together with the management, for the strategic planning. In the BoD, there is an extensive experience of international sales and marketing as well as a wide international network. The Managing Director and CFO are responsible to provide a business plan in line with the BoDs strategic and financial targets. They are also responsible for financial planning, and questions and communication with the stock exchange. The CEO of the Company, together with the managing directors of the subsidiaries, is a management team responsible for product development as well as sales and marketing.
Board of Directors of Swedencare
Member of the board since 2014 – Born 1961.
• President of the board since 2014. Background from the financial sector, among others SEB, Aragon Fondkommission, CFO at Adera AB 1998-2001 (Addnode AB), as well as several Board memberships. Bachelor of economics from Örebro Högskola.
• Managing Director and member of the board at Per Malmström Consulting AB. President of the board in K3 Nordic AB, K3 Travel AB, SVANBERG & CO INVEST AB, Creative Tools, Northway Partners, Deligate AB.
Member of the board since 2014 – Born 1968.
• International experience from leading positions in private and public companies. International Jur. Kand from Lunds University. Post graduate in International Trade Law from University of Torino in Italy.
• Board member in all subsidiaries of Swedencare. President of the board in One CC AB. Member of the board in HAOLAG AB and Mastan AB. Deputy of the board in Cellares AB and Comera AB.
Member of the board since 2014 – Born 1970.
• Entrepreneur and owner to several companies within sales, IT and property management. Degree in Market economy from Nercia Business School.
• President of the board in Local Market Sweden AB and BR Group AB. Member of the board in Comera AB, JCC Group AB, JCC Group Invest AB, Junikvisten 10 AB, Rostastrand Holding AB, BR Group Holding AB, BR Group Fastigheter AB, Storgatan Fastigheter AB and Trygghandel AB.
Member of the board since 2016 – Born 1967.
• Advisor to Patricia AB (Investor AB) and former Managing Director of Investor Growth Capital in Europe. Extensive experience of investments and business development within the healthcare market.
• President of the board in BoMill AB, Swevet AB, Sedana Medical AB, Itrim Holding AB. Member of the board in Boule Diagnostics AB, Biotage AB, Rodebjer Form AB, Moberg Pharma AB (publ), Neoventa Medical AB, TEDCAP AB, Memira Holding AB and Eklund konsulting AB.
Member of the board since 2014 – Born 1957.
• Member of the board in Swedencare Nordic AB since 2014. Entrepreneur and owner to several companies within IT, travel and finance. Master in Philosophy from Örebro University.
• Managing Director in SVANBERG & CO INVEST AB. Member of the board in Creative Tools, Deligate AB, EyeonID Group AB, K3 Nordic AB, SVANBERG & CO INVEST AB, H. Svanberg Software Holding, Northway Partners, Svanberg Factoring, Treberg Holding AB, Kontosmart AB. Deputy of the board in Chief Holding AB and SWG Holding AB.
Member of the board since 2019 – Born 1963.
• Sara Brandt is a driven leader with a solid and long background from international and Nordic B2C and B2B companies. In B2C she has a broad experience from several industries and product categories such as personal hygiene, households, drinks, consumer health and construction products. Within B2B, Sara has experience from the aftermarket for vehicles, construction products, contract manufacturing and international distributor activities. Sara Brandt has a commercial focus and a broad knowledge of how insight-driven marketing and sales, as well as strong partnerships, can contribute to profitable growth and expansion for a company with global ambitions.
• Vice President Almi Företagspartner, former VP and CEO Berner Nordic and, before that, most leading positions on Cederroth Nordic, Coca-Cola Sweden, Unilever Nordic and UK.
|Håkan Lagerberg||CEO & Managing Director|
|Per Malmström||President of the Board|
Articles of Association for
Swedencare AB (publ) (556470-3790)
§ 1 COMPANY NAME
The company name is Swedencare AB (publ). Public company.
§ 2 REGISTERED OFFICE
The registered head office of the company is in the municipality of Malmö.
§ 3 OBJECTS OF THE COMPANY
The company objective is, directly or indirectly, the development, manufacture and sale of products within the area of animal healthcare and preventive dental care and other business compatible therewith.
§ 4 SHARE CAPITAL
The share capital shall be not less than SEK 500,000 and not more than SEK 2,000,000.
§ 5 NUMBER OF SHARES
The number of shares shall be not less than 10,000,000 and not more than 40,000,000.
§ 6 FINANCIAL YEAR
The company’s financial year shall be calendar year.
§ 7 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The board of directors shall consist of not less than three and not more than seven board members with not more than two deputy board members. The board members and deputy board members are elected annually for the period until the close of the first annual general meeting held after the year in which the board member or deputy board member was appointed.
§ 8 AUDITOR
For audit of the company’s annual report, the accounts and the administration of the board of directors and managing director, not less than one auditor and not more than two auditors with or without deputy auditors shall be elected.
§ 9 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The following matters shall be addressed at the Annual General Meeting:
1. Election of a chairman at the meeting;
2. Preparation and approval of the voting list;
3. Election of one (1) or two (2) persons to verify the minutes of the meeting;
4. Approval of the agenda;
5. Determination of whether the meeting was duly convened;
6. Submission of the annual report and the auditor’s report, and if applicable, the group accounts and the auditor’s report for the group;
(a) regarding the adoption of the income statement and balance sheet, and if applicable, the consolidated income statement and the consolidated balance sheet
(b) regarding allocation of profit or loss in accordance with the adopted balance sheet
(c) regarding the discharge from liability of the board members and, where applicable, of the managing director;
8. Determination of fees for the board of directors and, where applicable, for the auditors;
9. Election of the board of directors and auditors; and
10. Other matters which rest upon the meeting according to the Swedish Companies Act or the company’s articles of association.
§ 10 NOTICE TO ATTEND
Notice to attend a general meeting shall be advertised in Post- och Inrikes Tidningar (The Official Swedish Gazette) and on the company website. At the time of notice, information about the notice shall be advertised in Dagens Industri. The notice shall immediately, and at no cost for the recipient, be sent by post to those shareholders who so request and state their address.
Notice to attend an annual general meeting and notice to attend an extraordinary general meeting at which the issue of alterations of the articles of association is to be addressed shall be issued not earlier than six weeks and not later than four weeks prior to the meeting. Notice to attend an extraordinary general meeting other than such as mentioned above shall be issued not earlier than six weeks and not later than two weeks prior to the general meeting.
§ 11 APPLICATION IN ADVANCE
A shareholder, who wishes to participate at the general meeting, shall (i) be included in the transcript or other record of the share register as of five days before the meeting (ii) notify the company thereof not later than on the date specified in the notice to attend the general meeting. Such a date may not be a Sunday, other public holiday, Saturday, Midsummer Eve, Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve and may not occur earlier than the fifth weekday prior to the general meeting. If the notice to attend the general meeting does not state a last day for notification, then notification is not required in order to participate at the general meeting. A shareholder who wishes to be accompanied by advisors at a general meeting shall state the number of advisors (not more than two) accompanying the shareholder in the application.
§ 12 CSD CLAUSE
The company’s shares shall be registered in a CSD (central securities depository) register in accordance with the Financial Instruments (Accounts) Act (1998:1479).
Articles of Association adopted at the general meeting held on March 7, 2016.
Swedencare AB (publ)
In the Press
January 29, 2019
Swedencare’s flagship product ProDen PlaqueOff® Powder
has been awarded the VOHC® Seal of Acceptance
Two clinical studies* on dogs performed by Jerzy Gawor, DVM, PhD, DipAVDC/EVDC… Read more »
Dec 5, 2018
Swedencare expanding its operations in Ireland
Swedencare AB announced today it has moved into new, larger premises in Waterford which it has redeveloped to more than double its capacity and expand its workforce presence in Waterford.
Read more »
October 1, 2018
Swedencare AB (publ)
launch new food co-op
with worldwide premium
dog food brand Canagan.
Read more »
May 18, 2018
Animal stock trade
– can be dubbed in the short term
Börslunch May 18
View video »
April 20, 2018
Remium’s analysis to institutions
Swedencare’s shares buy
benchmark set to 44 SEK
Read more »
April 4, 2018
Swedencare doubles manufacturing capacity
Malmö-based pet products firm Swedencare has acquired manufacturing and logistic premises in Ireland. Read more »
March 26, 2018
The pets are fine
The Pet Passion Index has hit the stock market. Read more »
December 4, 2017
Equity report – Swedencare
Equity Report – Swedencare – Well-established distribution network aligns synergies for new product acquisitions. Read more »
September 17, 2017
ProDen PlaqueOff® Dental Bites
has been approved and granted the VOHC seal
Two clinical studies on dogs performed by DVM PhD Jerzy Gawor… Read more »
September 1, 2017
High demands on the pet’s
Pet food supplement is a market that grows at a good rate, which the Malmö… Read more »
August 8, 2016
Meet PlaqueOff® at
an exhibition in the US
Interview with Erica Butler, Marketing Director of our subsidiary SwedencareUSA Inc. View video »
May 23, 2016
in 30 million SEK
Swedencare, that develops oral health products for pets, is aiming for Nasdaq First… Read more »
Stay up-to-date with the latest investor related news, delivered right to your inbox!